Our mission statement is simple,
"To help everyone read and write more... now"
Who we are
Read Now Write Now is run by author Charlie Lea who is passionate about all things literary.
As well as writing his own stories, he loves running creative writing workshops for both adults and children, online and in person as well as promoting the joy of reading to all.
For his work boosting literacy and a love of all things literary, he was appointed as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts in 2017.
He holds an enhanced DBS certificate (with updating service) and has completed Safeguarding and GDPR training.
Commission Read Now Write Now
Charlie has been commissioned to work on some utterly amazing projects and events over the last few years, here are just some of them:
HTML Unordered List
- Cheltenham Poetry Festival, 2017: Commissioned to run an outreach session.
- Sefton Carers 2019: commissioned to write four short stories based on the real life experiences of young carers.
- Children’s Literature Festival, Margate 2019: Commissioned to run 4 days of creative writing events over the August Bank Holiday week.
- Cammell Laird 2020: commissioned to write a short history of the last twenty years of this world famous shipbuilder.
- Trans Lives 2021: Commissioned by Liverpool Central Library to deliver writing workshops with LGBTQIA+ people.
- Different Voices / Shared Lives 2022: Commissioned to deliver a series of writing workshops for underrepresented ethnic groups.
- Climate Lab 2022: Commissioned by Open Eye Gallery Liverpool to run a series of workshops for adults and children on climate change.
- Made in Wirral: Commissioned to deliver writing workshops for adult beginners.
- Breaking Down the Walls 2022: Commissioned by Storyhouse, Chester to deliver a series of workshops for adults about mental health.
- Future Pathways 2023: Commissioned to ghost write a book about a person who experienced living in care.
If you are interested getting involved in any Read Now Write Now projects please Get in Touch.