Read Now Write Now recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
The Managing Director is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented.
We endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and Water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase or use.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as email or video / phone conferencing if appropriate
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles
- We will favour “green” vehicle and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
Maintenance and Cleaning
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
Monitoring and Review
The Policy will be constantly reviewed by the managing director to ensure that:
- We comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We continually improve and monitor environmental performance
- We continually improve and reduce environmental impacts
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will increase employee awareness through training.
This monitoring will apply to the practices of staff and volunteers, the member organisation, the composition of the Committees and the provision of services.
It is the responsibility of every individual to eliminate discrimination and to ensure the practical application of this Policy.
The managing director of Read Now Write Now will review this policy every year.